Online Travel

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Let me ask you a simple question, ladies and gentlemen: when it comes to planning your trip and booking your flight online, who are you going to trust, an efficient machine, like a robot or an inanimate lawn gnome?

I can look back through my entire life, and most likely not find a single good experience that involved a lawn gnome.
I know what you're about to say: "Mitchell, are you trying to tell me that you've had any experiences at all that involved a robot?"
In response to this, I will quote my coworker and friend David and say "Shut up and let me finish."

So there I was, trying to figure out a way to book my flight, save a little money and (most importantly) not have to leave my living room.

"Man, I wish there was some sort of online travel site!" I exclaimed as I threw up my hands in exasperation.

It was at that very moment, that Travletron5000 burst through my living room wall in an almost Kool Aid Man-esque manner.

Once I got passed the terror and Travletron explained to me that he was simply there to help me book my flight, I offered him a drink. He politely declined and explained to me that robots do not drink.

As we talked, he opened my eyes to the whole world of online travel and showed me the many ins and outs. In a short time, I had bought my plane tickets online and Travletron was on his way out. I asked him as he was turning to leave if he would fix my wall that he had crashed through. The answer was "No" as he explained that he "wasn't programmed to fix walls" he "just does the online travel thing."

As I stared at the giant hole in my wall, I began to wonder if there was a way to find a new apartment online, but I tried to not put too much thought into it, as I wasn't sure if there was another robot that was programed to do that to come crashing through my other wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home